Lobby: Up

Vana'diel Time

* FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:08 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Gil Sink
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 1:53 am 

Sly wrote:
Its been once a day for years, way too long to change it now since it wouldn't be fair to newer players. I personally only usually do dyna twice a week but doesnt mean I want everyone else to have a harder time.

I understand that but, with the server growing and the interest in dynamis; the feeling of accomplishment would be much greater, no? The fair card really isn't up for discussion if you want to imply that this is a true era server. I have only 1 relic, and yes I want additional but, I also want to work a little harder for it than @ the current rate.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 3:16 am 

Giggle wrote:
Sly wrote:
Its been once a day for years, way too long to change it now since it wouldn't be fair to newer players. I personally only usually do dyna twice a week but doesnt mean I want everyone else to have a harder time.

I understand that but, with the server growing and the interest in dynamis; the feeling of accomplishment would be much greater, no? The fair card really isn't up for discussion if you want to imply that this is a true era server. I have only 1 relic, and yes I want additional but, I also want to work a little harder for it than @ the current rate.

If we're talking about whats healthy for the server, you're absolutely right but if you are talking about fairness in general, he's absolutely right.

The problem is, you can't have it both ways.

I don't think making the situation shittier for newer players is the answer though.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 4:37 am 

It would just result in a severe disadvantage to newer players (little to no chance to catch up in regards to relic progression) and also be less content for senior players. I doubt this would increase players LFG but it's a good thought.

How about some salvage? Give us something new and fresh to focus on! :D

ImageImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 4:35 pm 

Salvage is an awesome idea for a time sink, especially with ORIGINAL retail drop rates. I can get behind that idea: i never did the salvage grind for anything decent on retail (think i made 1 pair of boots), wouldn't mind doing some of it here.

Would boost the price on Wootz ore too, and cause people to farm Bastok WAY more than just perma-bubu.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 6:00 pm 

Governor wrote:
It would just result in a severe disadvantage to newer players (little to no chance to catch up in regards to relic progression) and also be less content for senior players. I doubt this would increase players LFG but it's a good thought.

How about some salvage? Give us something new and fresh to focus on! :D

We can only hope we get some ToAU glory!!! *cough* Nas!

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 10:35 pm 

aha

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 12:36 pm 

Don't get your hopes up Gig, he has stated several times on IRC (probably a lot more often than I'm aware of because I'm rarely on IRC,) that real ToAU isn't going to be a thing here, ever. I think he also stated as much in one of the many ToAU threads that popped up while you were on hiatus as well, if you feel like doing some digging.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:05 pm 

Bump

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:17 pm 

Why not add in ToAU though? At some point youre going to run out of content to do with COP

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:45 pm 

Think this kinda change to Dyna is good, Private Server Era jazz is all about the community/nostalgia right? (Unless ya here for a free to play MMO...)

I remember back on retail we had JP leading our Dyna runs that were sponsored (Lot AF but pass coins to the Sponsor). Yea that cucks newbies maybe but that's how it was... in the old days. But it was a good way to get clears and get Relic Gear for noobies.

An issue with Era servers is that it won't progress cause its not why it exists in the first place. How long will it be before people are crying to Abyssea for stuff to do after you get ya Mythics if ToAU was a thing?

Kupo...