- 1 Welcome to Nasomi
- 1.1 The Golden Era
- 1.2 Level Sync
- 1.3 Field of Valor
- 1.4 Experience Rings
- 1.5 Return/Outpost Rings
- 1.6 Race & Name Changes
- 1.7 Inventory & Storage
- 1.8 Auction House
- 1.9 Common terms that you will see on Nasomi
Welcome to Nasomi
Listed below are features new and old players alike should know about Nasomi.
The Golden Era
- Nasomi is a private FFXI server dedicated to the legacy aspect of the game, circa 2006, featuring only content up to the beginning of the ToAU Expansion.*
Story Time: Originally there was no plans to add ToAU access (zones, spells, jobs, etc) however back when the server was a wee little baby, one of the original players asked Nas if he could unlock a few jobs in ToAU. This is why we have access to ToAU basics, but not all of the content.
The TL;DR or F.A.Q Sections
- Note that this is a player ran WIKI so anything not listed here may be one of the following topics.
- Has not been added to the wiki by someone.
- Has not been coded and may not be on this server.
- Is on the server, but no one has updated the applicable sections.
- Is listed in the wiki as not working/working but this is wrong. The person that listed it has not updated so take care of the dates.
- Exp:Leveling shows common camps. It's not complete, if you find something new, add it!
- Here is a list of all players currently with their party flag up.
- Level sync is enabled on Nasomi. This is a party leader-activated system whereby the level of all party members is restricted to that of a designated player. When this feature is activated, all members of the party will be able to receive an amount of experience points corresponding to the level of the designee, regardless of any initial disparity between them.
- Level Sync will remain in effect only within the area in which it is activated, and will automatically be deactivated for all members should either the party leader or the designee leave the area. For all other players jumping to new areas, synchronization will be deactivated only for themselves.
- Activating Level Sync will cause the status enhancement effects of all party members to be nullified. Since status effects such as Invisibility, Sneak, Protect, and Shell are cancelled (with the exception of effects granted through the use of an item ), please exercise caution when activating Level Sync, or when joining a party where the feature is presently active.
- The maximum amount of levels that you can sync through Level Sync changes based on current player count. When the player count is under 200, the maximum sync range is 40. Below is a table of sync ranges and player population counts.
- /sea all rolls over after 256. This means if 260 people are online, /sea all will say that there are 4 people online. Use the population tracker on the website or add 256 manually if the number seems strangly low (under 150 for example) to get the actual pop value.
|Player population||Sync range|
|200 ~ 300||30|
|300 ~ 400||20|
|400 ~ 500||15|
Field of Valor
- FOV is **not** enabled on Nasomi. This was a feature that was added later in the lifetime of FFXI then is the era that this server is geared towards.
- FOV promotes solo play, which is not the goal of Nasomi.
- Occasionally there will be a bonus EXP weekend, which the rings are enabled for special occasions. Rings are not enabled under normal circumstances.
- These don't work. Do not buy them.
Chat, Storage, Quality of Life Enhancements
- Mog Safe, Satchel, and Case are enabled when in any town area, even outside the Mog House.
- -Access them by hitting Menu → Menu page 2 → Storage
- No Tax in Lower Jeuno
- -Players are encouraged to set up their bazaar's there.
- All Auction House's are linked
Race & Name Changes
- You are able to request a name/race change once for the lifetime of your character
- You can have your name OR race NOT both changed
- So if you only want a name change that will be your onetime change
- Perhaps you want only the race changed (and keep your name) this also is your onetime change
- You must meet **ALL** of the following requirements to be eligible for this service
- Must have a job that is 50 or above
- Must have a crafting skill that is 30 or above
- Must not have received this service before
- Reverting - You can choose to have this service reversed, provided...
- Must have reached 75 on at least one job
- Must have a craft skill that is 60 or above
- Nasomi reserves the right to veto your name or offer options not within this guide, at his purview
- You will need to reach Nasomi via a ticket to request this.
- You must specify both the desired race and gender
- You will not be able to pick a new hair style, hair color, or face
- You cannot have your name changed above 10 characters.
Inventory & Storage
- Gobbie Bags are available to gobbie bag 10
- Gobbie Bags expand your Mog Sack and Satchel as well
- Mog Safe expansions are not currently functional
On Nasomi the following bags are enabled when you start out.
- General Inventory (30); Can be accessed at all times
- Mog House (80); Can only be accessed from Mog House
- Storage (x); Can only be accessed from Mog House
- Must place furniture in your Mog House in order to add space.
- Mog Locker (30); Can only be accessed from Mog House after unlocking it from Whitegate
- Mog Satchel(30); Can be accessed in towns & Mog House
- Mog Sack (30); Can be accessed in towns & Mog House
- Mog Case (80); Can be accessed in towns & Mog House
To expand your storage (Satchel, Sack, General Inventory) you can do the Bag quests. The max quest is the 8th expansion.
For the basics of using these NPCs, you may want to check out this link. Keep in mind that this is a WIKI page, so some sets listed may not be implemented on Nasomi. Ask in IRC or in game if you have questions.
The Auction Houses in each of the nations, including Jeuno, Kazham, Rabao, and Norg are all linked together. This means players can place items on the Auction House from San d'Oria and someone browsing any other AH can purchase them.
Players are not limited to the number of items they can list per character on the Auction House. Players can place any number of items on the AH for sale so long as you don't check your “Sales Status” in the AH menu. Doing so will disrupt the AH menu, and become unable to place more items up for sale until you remove enough items so that only 6 are left up, or until the player changes zones or logs out of the game.
Common terms that you will see on Nasomi
- Era - The time frame of the game that was discussed above
- HELM - Harvesting, Excavation, Logging, Mining, check out crafting for more info
- Blist can be used; Friendlist cannot. This is because friend list was saved in the PlayOnline Viewer, where as blist is server side.
- ToAU Zones | They have been modified due to a "plague"
- Dynamis entry fee requires each player entering to have 50k instead of the 1mil hourglass
- Jobemotes are in the game and do not require you to complete the quest to use
- Sending & receiving items using the delivery box is not enabled. Please trade face to face.
- Player stuck / unable to move is rare, but it does happen. If it happens, try force quitting(not logging out), wait a few minutes, then relog. If it still isn't fixed, you should open a ticket.
- Players are urged to keep a “Scroll of Warp” in your inventory at all times. They can be purchased for 10 conquest points, from any gate guard in any nation, including Jeuno.
- Weather Checker NPCs do not function on the server. You'll have to ask around to see what weather is currently where.
- Lost items: Players may sometimes receive an item but it may not immediately show up in their inventory. Do not panic; simply sort your inventory and the items should show up in your inventory.