Nasomi is a free to play, non-official FFXI server based around the 2005 era of the game. We provide an old school style of play in the world of Vana'diel for players who want to re-live the nostalgia of 2005.
Nasomi went live on July 28th, 2013. Since then it has progressively gained popularity among those who wish to play the game during it's peak era.
This wiki is a collection of information added by the players to help us be aware of what is on the Nasomi server.
- The NasomiXI Installer has been successfully tested on win7/8/8.1/10 64/32bit and can be downloaded here: http://nasomi.com/download.php
- The install process takes 30-60 minutes, all you need to do is specify the drive you want to install to.
- The Nasomi installer comes packaged with Ashita. Visit the Config:Ashita page for more information.
- Common problems and their solutions can be found on the Config:troubleshooting page.
- Still have issues? Visit http://nasomi.net/ and talk to some helpful players.
- Use your real character name! PM's to nasomi are permitted ONLY for sensetive/exploit/security related matters. Otherwise please post your question in chat.
- Q: How many people actually play on Nasomi?
- A: See the most recent Nasomi census here. As of November 2017, there are approx 1500 unique IPs connecting per week and 600 per day, with hundreds of concurrent players online at a time.
- Q: Is that enough for me to find parties?
- A: Yes. There are often multiple parties fighting it out for camping spots in the dunes and elsewhere. A level sync system is available, however, you cannot reach 75 in the dunes. Level sync is adjusted automatically based on the current server population, which helps EU and off-peak players.
- Q: What expansion does Nasomi go up to?
- A: Nasomi is a CoP era server with some ToAU functionality such as the ToAU jobs and ZNMs. It is possible that ToAU will be added in full, but it isn't a priority. Zilart missions, CoP missions, Sky, Sea etc are fully functional, and the endgame scene is competitive and rewarding.
- Q: Are there any jobs that would help me group up easily?
- A: Don't feel pressured into playing any particular role just to find parties. Don't feel as if you need to play a BST because you think you'll never find parties on a job you'd like to play. The server population really is large enough to support partying at all times.
- Q: I'm lost. Where do I meet people? How do I find help?
- A: /shout in any city and you'll find the help you need. You could also join us in naschat and ask some of the players that hang out there.
A more complete FAQ can be found here.